PARS On-line Masterclass (Sydney, Australia)
1st September @ 9:15 am - 3rd November @ 10:45 am BST
This PARS On-line Masterclass is organised by Network of Community Activities based in Sydney, Australia, for out of school hours educators in New South Wales. The course will begin on Tuesday 1st September and last for 8 weeks, with a two week vacation break.
PARS is the first ever model of playwork practice, grounded in the original philosophy of the adventure playground pioneers. The PARS model aims to enable practitioners working with children in their leisure time in any setting to articulate, develop and evaluate their playwork practice.
PARS Masterclasses are delivered by Dr Shelly Newstead, founder of PARS playwork practice. The aim of the Masterclass is to enable practitioners working in any setting with children in their leisure time to use the PARS model of playwork practice to articulate, develop and evaluate their playwork practice. This interactive course includes;
- · A brief international history of adventure playgrounds and playwork
- · The original philosophy of the adventure playground pioneers and how this is applied in PARS playwork practice.
- · An overview of the PARS model and explanation of how it can be used to articulate, develop and evaluate playwork practice
- · In-depth exploration of PARS theories, methods and techniques and how they are used in practice
- · Discussion of case studies and ‘real-life’ video clips to enable participants to apply the whole PARS model in their work with children
For more information, please contact us.