PARS Online Masterclass (international)
12th January, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 9th March, 2021 @ 10:30 am GMT£160.00
Who is it for?
This PARS On-line Masterclass is open to anybody who works with children in their leisure time. Participants may work in any type of out of school setting in any country around the world.
The course will begin on Tuesday 12th January and last for 8 weeks, with a one week break on 23rd February. Each session will begin at 9am (GMT) and end at 10.30am (GMT). Please note that participants are expected to attend all sessions and cannot join once the course has started.
PARS is the first ever model of playwork practice, grounded in the original philosophy of the adventure playground pioneers. The aim of the Masterclass is to enable participants to use the PARS model to articulate, develop and evaluate their playwork practice.
PARS Masterclasses are delivered by Dr Shelly Newstead, founder of PARS playwork practice.
The PARS On-line Masterclass is an interactive training course. During the course, participants will be asked to take part in small and large group work, complete group tasks and develop their reflective practice through questions and discussion. Over the 8 weeks, we will cover….
- · A brief international history of adventure playgrounds and playwork
- · The original philosophy of the adventure playground pioneers and how this is applied in PARS playwork practice.
- · An overview of the PARS model and explanation of how it can be used to articulate, develop and evaluate playwork practice
- · In-depth exploration of PARS theories, methods and techniques and how they are used in practice
- · Discussion of case studies and ‘real-life’ video clips to enable participants to apply the whole PARS model in their work with children
The PARS On-line Masterclass can also be delivered as in-house training for staff teams. For more information, please contact us.